Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This year it will be a happy one for me. Since I am adopted and do not know my birthparents, I usually feel all alone on holidays. My adopted parents passed away many years ago and I was the only child they adopted. I know very few facts from being adopted and would love to find my birthparents. Growing up my adopted parents and I went yearly to South Alabama to my aunt and uncles house or to my grandmothers house. There were lots of cousins to play with and I loved it there. I always wanted to move there. I've gotten tired of being alone so with the help of facebook I have reconnected with my cousins and my wonderful aunt. We are heading to South Alabama to see (hopefully) all my cousins, their spouses, children, grandkids and my aunt. I can't wait. We went to visit not to long ago and my youngest son loves it there just as I did when I was young. He has been counting the days until he can go back. I so hope that both of my kids can find a family connection there and have some type of connection to family on my side. The next best thing to this would be for me to find my birth family and eventually have a relationship with them.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that your Birthparents think of you often. I am so glad that my daughter's adopted parents had a child after adopting her so that she will have some connection to family.

    ReplyDelete