Friday, December 11, 2009

A family for Olga. Can you be that family?


Here is her information from Reece's Rainbow:


Olga is a beautiful girl with brown hair and deep brown eyes. She is almost 5 years old and has severe CP. She is not able to walk or do much of anything on her own. But she needs a FAMILY!
From one of our own adoptive families who visited with Olga in August 2009: "Little Olga really touched my heart, and I SO hope that she finds a family!!!!! She is such a pretty little girl with a very, very sweet spirit. Her CP is pretty severe, and I don't believe she sees well. Also, her hips look either to be dislocated pretty badly, or else they are just in a bad position. I didn't hold her or try to do anything with her on this first visit but I did talk to her, and stroked her face and arms and whispered sweet nothings in Russian to her. At first she seemed a little wary, but after awhile she softened and I could see what a beautiful little girl there was inside. To the right family who could handle her issues, oh, what a blessing she'd be. I just fell in love with her. I do have more pictures if anyone is interested."
Olga is almost 5 years old and is blessed to still be at the baby house. She is facing institutionalization this Winter, and will likely remain bedridden the rest of her life. :(( Someone please save Olga!
Now... if you are honest you are probably asking yourself the same question that I asked myself. This is all wonderful but, realistically, is anyone going to adopt Olga? In my heart we had to answer YES! We would not be raising money toward her adoption in vain... her family is out there, God is moving in their spirit.

Oh, and by the way, Olga means "Holy".


This post had me in tears. I so wish I could adopt a special child like Olga but I know I can't. How about you? Visit the Reece's Rainbow site and see all the beautiful special children.


No comments:

Post a Comment