Monday, November 9, 2009

Race Tickets




I love car races. It doesn't matter what kind. Drag racing, dirt track, or the big boys at Nascar. Imagine my response when dear Pops came home saying he had free tickets to Talladega. Woo Hoo I'm going to Talladega. I love it there. In years past we would take the camper a week early and set it up, then travel back there the following weekend and have a fun filled weekend at the race track. My boys have gone to several races. Some of our friends have also met us there and would camp with us. Well just think of how I felt when I found out that dear Pops had a ticket but I didn't. Those of you that know me I'm sure know what I thought. Might not have said it but I sure thought it. lol Since we no longer have our fabulous camper, dear Pops took Scooter's pup tent, McMuffin's sleeping bag and his motorcycle and road over to Talladega with his motorcycle friends. Since it was raining that weekend a little, they did not leave as early as they planned. They took their time and finally ended up at the camp grounds. Come to find out they had pit passes (but did not go), they had passes to meet Mark Martin (and they did this) and they got lots of free food. Pops said it was a little chilly (ya-think) in the little pup tent but he slept well. On Sunday they went to the race for a little while. By this I mean that he left early. Yes really early. He stayed for about 30 laps and got on his motorcycle and headed home. Now this is where I get upset. He wasted those tickets. I could have gone and taken my car and stayed for the entire thing. He could have come home whenever he wanted to but I could have watched the race and would have been able to see those wrecks at the end of the race firsthand. Sooo his wonderful free tickets were wasted as far as I'm concerned. I also noticed that lots of people are complaining about the race because all they did until the end was drive around the track. lol Well people thats just what race cars do - they drive around the track and try not to wreck. No its not as entertaining as the wrecks but its much safer. Who wants to smell burned rubber from wrecks. lol If I wanted to smell that I would just go burn my own rubber on my own car (yes I did this many times in my younger days).

No comments:

Post a Comment