Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer


Summer is coming to an end. Books are being read, football practice every morning is coming to an end. We have had a wonderful fun filled summer. We went on vacation for the first time as a family in many many years. It actually turned out kinda nice. Hopefully we can make this an annual event. For too many years it has been just me & the boys. They always want their dad to come but he never has time for us. We went to Chattanooga and stayed for a few days. Went to caves, dinner and a mystery show, aquarium, rode the incline and a few other things. Took lots of photos. We have also gone canoeing this summer. I love floating down the river and having fun. I've found more and more ole friends on facebook or rather they found me. I love reconnecting with them. We have had cookouts with friends, gone out to eat and just reconnected. One of my lost loves also found me on facebook. I was so happy to see him even if it was on a computer. I'm learning to live knowing that I'm not #1 in certain people's life even if I should be. I still have no air in my car. Yes I know this is the 4th summer. I've been told I will NOT ever have air in my car. It needs to be replaced but that won't happen for a few more years. For now I'm driving my old '94 Ford Ranger that does have air. It looks horrible and I really do not like having to drive it but since it has air I will love it. I want my car fixed but unless I find a way to fix it myself it will not be fixed. Scooter has been invited to be a US Student Ambassador with People to People for next summer. I sure wish I had the money to make it happen. I don't think that I can raise that kind of money or I would jump at the chance. Hopefully in another two years I can let him go. I hate that his brother was allowed to go but now he can't go also. Trip of a lifetime. Wish I had known about this group when I was growing up. I would have gone, no doubt about it. We are working on my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party. That's something that really needs to be celebrated. Will I ever make it that far knowing that I'm not #1. I have to learn to get past his toys being #1. Always have been and will always be that way I guess. First it was the horses, then team roping, then cowboy mounted shooting and now that the horses are sold but we still have the horse trailer and we have added motorcycles. I refuse to ride. I have kids to raise. I don't want on one of those things with kids to raise. Wonder what I can get into before school starts back.

No comments:

Post a Comment